Ranjan Gogoi Biography, Age, Height, Weight, Secrets, Affairs, Images, Marriage, Phone number.
January 13, 2020 Others 0 Comments
Ranjan Gogoi is the 46th Chief Justice in India. He headed the Supreme Court bench which pronounced the verdict of the Ayodhya land dispute case.
RANJAN GOGOI BIO/WIKI
|Profession||Law Personnel (Chief Justice of India)|
|Famous For||Being the 46th Chief Justice of India|
|Date of Birth||18 November 1954 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||65 Years|
|Birth Place||Dibrugarh, Assam|
|Home town||Guwahati, Assam|
|Parents/ Father||Kesab Chandra Gogoi |
(Chief Minister of Assam and Former)
|Brother||Anjan Gogoi (Elder; Retired Air Marshal from The Indian Air Force) |
(Younger; Doctor; lives in London)
|Sister(s)||2 (Younger; Names Not Known)|
You may also like
- Udit Raj Biography
- Apoorva Shukla Biography
- Ness Wadia Biography
- Nicole Johnson (Michael Phelps’ Wife) Biography
- Dashrath Manjhi Biography
|School||Don Bosco High School, Guwahati, Assam|
Cotton University, Guwahati, Assam
|College/ University||St Stephen’s College, Delhi|
|History (Hons) from the St Stephen’s College, Delhi|
Bachelor of Laws from the Delhi University
|Enrolled at Bar||1978|
|Contact number||Not Known|
|Caste/Ethnicity||Tai Ahom |
|Car Collection||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Watching Football Matches, Playing Chess, Playing Cricket|
|Controversies||1), Gogoi was a part of the Supreme Court bench that set aside the death sentence awarded by a trial court to the accused in the “Soumya Murder and Rape Case”. Several people including some judges of the Supreme Court criticized the judgment. |
2), For the first time in the history of the Supreme Court of India, a press conference was held by Gogoi and three other Supreme Court Judges. They questioned the working of the Supreme Court when Justice Arun Mishra was allocated the hearing of the case of the death of CBI Judge, B.H.Loya by the then Chief Justice of India, Dipak Mishra. Justice Mishra condemned the actions of the judges and said that the press conference was held to tarnish his image. 
3), In April 2019, a 35-year-old former female employee of the Supreme Court of India made allegations of sexual harassment against Gogoi. In her complaint, she said that she was sexually harassed by Gogoi in his office on 10th and 11th October 2018, after which her employment was terminated on 21 December 2018. ”
|Children||Son- Raktim Gogoi (Advocate)|
Daughter- Rashmi (Advocate)
|Assets/Properties (as in 2018) ||Bank Deposit: 6.5 lacs INR|
Fixed Deposit: 16 lacs INR
LIC Policy: 5 lacs INR
Residential Building: Inherited land in the village of Japorigog Mouza Beltola, in Assam
(as the Chief Justice of India)
|2.80 lacs INR + other allowances |
|Height||In centimeters- 168 cm|
In meters- 1.68 m
In feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Shoe size||Not Known|
RANJAN GOGOI FAVORITES
|Favorite food||Not Known|
|Favorite Song||Not Known|
|Favorite Actor||Not Known|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
|Favorite Sport||Not Known|
|Favorite Place||Not Known|
|Favorite Movie||Not Known|
|Favorite Colour||Not Known|
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
UNKNOWN FACTS ABOUT RANJAN GOGOI
- Does Ranjan Gogoi Drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Does Ranjan Gogoi Smoke?: Not Known
- Ranjan Gogoi has the 46th Chief Justice of India. He retired on 17 November 2019, and he is credited to hear many popular cases including the 134 years long Ayodhya Land Dispute case.
- His father, Keshab Chandra Gogoi was the Chief Minister of Assam for two months in 1982.
- During his tenure as the CJI, Gogoi was involved in several high profile cases such as the Reliance Communications case, the Ayodhya Land Dispute case, re-assessment of the income of Amitabh Bachchan case, and many more.
- Before getting enrolled into a school, Ranjan and his brother Anjan did a toss to determine who would go to the Sainik School. Anjan won the toss and went to the Sainik School while Ranjan went to Don Bosco School.
- In 1978, he was enrolled in the bar and started practicing at the Gauhati High Court.
- On 5 August 1998, he lost his father.
- On 28th February 2001, he was appointed as a Permanent Judge of the Gauhati High Court.