Desmond-Coutinho is a British citizen who is best known for being the husband of Irom Sharmila.
Desmond Coutinho Bio/Wiki
|Name ||Desmond Coutinho|
|Date of Birth|| Year 1963|
|Zodiac/Sun Sign||Not Known|
|Birth Place||Zanzibar (a semi-autonomous region of Tanzania in East Africa)|
|Home town||Goa, India|
|Mother Tongue||Not Known|
|Parents/ Father||Not Known|
|Education Qualification||Not Known|
|Contact number||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Reading, Writing|
|Marriage Date||17 August 2017|
|Marriage Place|| Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu|
|Wife/Spouse|| Irom Sharmila|
|Children||Son- None |
Daughter(s)- Nix Shakhi and Autumn Tara (twins)
Desmond Coutinho Salary/Networth
Social Media Accounts
Desmond Coutinho Some Lesser-Known Facts
- Does Kamal Haasan Drink alcohol: Not Known
- Does Kamal Smoke?: Yes
- He is a Social Activist by Profession
- Desmond is a second-generation African traveling with an EU passport.
- He fell in love with Irom Sharmila even without meeting her.
- He first came to know about Irom Sharmila through a book titled “Burning Bright” by Deepti Priya Mehrotra. He was moved by Irom Sharmila’s struggle described in the book.
- He started writing letters to Sharmila and since then, the two got involved in exchanging letters regularly. Among the things, he sent her were a Radha-Krishna painting and a teddy bear.
- In February 2011, he visited Imphal for the first time and finally managed to meet her on 9 March 2011 at a court.
- When The Telegraph (the eastern Indian daily) published an interview with Sharmila in which Sharmila said that she loved Coutinho, it caused a furor in Manipur.
- On 17 August 2017, he got married to Irom Sharmila under the Special Marriage Act in Kodaikanal in Tamil Nadu. The couple started living together in Tamil Nadu’s Kodaikanal.