Om Birla is an Indian politician and the 17th speaker of the Lok Sabha. He has served as a Member of Parliament from Kota South constituency.
Om Birla Bio/Wiki
|Famous For||Being the 17th Speaker of the Lok Sabha|
|Date of Birth||23 November 1962|
|Birth Place||Kota, Rajasthan, India|
|Home town||Kota, Rajasthan, India|
|Mother Tongue||Not Known|
|School ||Not Known|
|College/University||Govt. Commerce College, Kota, Rajasthan, India|
Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University, Ajmer, Rajasthan
Qualification||Master degree in Commerce|
|Address||Permanent- 80-B, Dusshera Scheme, Shakti Nagar, Kota, Rajasthan – 324009|
Present- Bungalow No.14, Windsor Place, New Delhi – 110001
|Cars|| Maruti Wagon R, Maruti Ritz, Optra|
|Hobbies||Watching cricket, listening to music|
|Marital Status|| Married|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Dr. Amita Birla|
|Wife/Spouse||Dr. Amita Birla|
|Children||Daughters- 2 (Names Not Known)|
|Salary||Rs. 1,25,000/month + other allowances|
|Networth||Rs. 4.83 crores (as in 2019)|
|Height||In centimeters- 173 cm|
In meters- 1.73 m
In Feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight||In Kilograms- 75 kg|
In Pounds- 165 lbs
|Hair color||Salt & Pepper (Semi Bald)|
|Political Party ||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Political Journey ||1987: District President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM)|
1991: State President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha
1997: National Vice President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha
2003: Elected to the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Kota South
2008: Re-elected to the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Kota South
2013: Re-elected to the Assembly for the third time having defeated Pankaj Mehta of the Indian National Congress
2014: Elected to the 16th Lok Sabha from Kota South constituency
2019: Re-elected to the 17th Lok Sabha from the same constituency and served as the 17th speaker of the Parliament
Om Birla Favourites
Politician(s)||Narendra Modi, Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Favorite food||Not Known|
|Favorite Song||Not Known|
Social Media Accounts
Om Birla Some Lesser-Known Facts
- Birla has been active in politics since his childhood. He has also served as a member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
- He has also served as the vice-chairman of the National Co-operative Consumer Federation Limited.
- Birla has served as the chairman of CONFED, Jaipur from June 1992 to June 1995.
- During his first term as a Member of Parliament, he was a member of the Standing Committee on Energy and a member of Committee on petitions and Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- In the 2014 General Elections, he defeated Ijyaraj Singh of the Indian National Congress who belonged to the Royal family of Kota.
- On 19 June 2019, he became the 17th speaker of the Lok Sabha.