Mulayam Singh Yadav is a prominent Indian politician. He is the founder and Chairman of the Samajwadi Party (SP). He is a former Union Minister and has also served as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for 3 terms.
Mulayam Singh Yadav Bio/Wiki
|Name|| Mulayam Singh Yadav|
|Nickname|| Neta Ji|
|Date of Birth|| 22 November 1939|
|Age (as in
|Birth Place||Saifai, Etawah district, Uttar Pradesh|
|Home town||Etawah, Uttar Pradesh|
|Mother Tongue||Not Known|
Father|| Late Sughar Singh|
|Mother|| Murti Devi|
|Brother||Shiv Pal Singh Yadav|
|Sister||Kamla Devi Yadav|
|School ||Not Known|
|College/University||1), K.K. College, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh|
2), A.K. College, Shikohabad, Uttar Pradesh
3), B.R. College, Agra University, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Qualification||1), A Bachelors degree from Agra University in 1964|
2), M.A. (Political Science) from Agra University in 1968
|Address||Post-Saifai,District Etawah,26001, |
|Caste||Other Backward Caste (OBC)|
|Car||1), Bank Deposits: Rs. 40.13 Lakh|
2), Agricultural Land: Worth Rs. 7.89 Crore
3),Non-Agricultural Land: Worth Rs. 1.44 Crore
4), Residential Buildings: Worth Rs. 6.83 Crore
|Hobbies||Wrestling, Reading, Listening to Music, Watching Folk-Dances|
|Debut|| In 1967, when he was elected
Member of Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh.|
|Party ||Samajwadi Party|
Journey||1), In 1967, he was elected Member of Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh.|
2), In 1977, he became a State Minister for the 1st time.
3), He held the post of Leader of Opposition in the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council from 1982 to 1985.
4), In 1989, he became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for the 1st time.
5), In 1990, he joined Chandra Shekhar’s party Janata Dal (Socialist).
6), In 1992, he founded Samajwadi Party (Socialist).
7), In 1993, he became Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for the 2nd time.
8), In 1996, he was elected to the 11th Lok Sabha from Mainpuri.
9), In 1999, he became India’s Defence Minister in the United Front Coalition Government.
10), In 1998, he was elected again to the Lok Sabha.
11), He contested from two seats- Sambhal & Kannauj in the 1999 Lok Sabha Elections and won both the seats.
12), In September 2003, he became Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for the 3rd time.
13), In 2004, he won Lok Sabha election from Mainpuri.
14), In 2014, he contested 16th Lok Sabha from 2 seats- Azamgarh & Mainpuri and won both the seats.
15), In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, he defeated BJP’s Prem Singh Shakya by a margin of over 94,000 votes from Mainpuri.
|Marital Status || Married|
|Wife/Spouse||First Wife- Malti Devi (married ?-2003) |
Second Wife Sadhana Gupta
|Children||Sons- Akhilesh Yadav (Politician),|
Prateek Yadav (Businessman)
|Salary||Rs. 1 Lakh + Other Allowances|
|Networth||Rs. 20.56 Crore (as in 2019)|
|Height||In Centimeters- 161 cm|
In Meters- 1.61 m
In Feet Inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight||In Kilograms- 75 kg|
In Pounds- 165 lbs
|Eyes color|| Brown|
Mulayam Singh Yadav Favorites
|Favorite Song||Not Known|
|Favorite Politician||Ram Manohar Lohia|
|Favorite Colours||Not Known|
Social Media Accounts
Mulayam Singh Yadav Some Lesser-Known Facts
- Does Mulayam Singh Drink alcohol: Not Known
- Does Mulayam Singh Smoke?: Yes
- He is a Politician by Profession
- He was born in the Saifai Village of Etawah district in Uttar Pradesh.
- Before coming into politics, he worked as a teacher.
- Mulayam Singh is a trained wrestler.
- He has several degrees- a B.A. Degree, B.T. and M.A. Degree in Political Science.
- He was influenced and inspired by the socialist ideology and thoughts of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia.
- He has been jailed 9 times so far.
- He was the Student Union Leader at the K.K. College, Etawah.
- He founded Samajwadi Party on 4 October 1992.
- He has close relations with some of the famous Bollywood personalities including Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt, Jaya Prada, etc. He also made Amitabh Bachchan the Brand Ambassador of Uttar Pradesh during his regime.
- He served as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh 3 times- (1989-1991, 1993-1995 and 2003-2007).