Shyam Saran Negi is an Indian retired school teacher. He is best known for being the first as well as the oldest voter of Independent India.
|Profession||Retired school teacher|
|Famous For||Being the first voter of Independent India|
|Date of Birth||1 July 1917|
|Age (as in 2019)||102 Years|
|Birth Place||Kalpa, Kinnaur District, Himachal Pradesh|
|Mother Tongue||Not Known|
Father||Late Narayan Das|
|Mother|| Name not known|
|School ||Till 5th standard, he studied at a local school in Kalpa. After 5th standard, he studied at a loc al school in Rampur, Himachal Pradesh.|
|Education Qualification||9th pass|
|Contact number||Not Known|
|Address||Lives in Kalpa, Kinnaur District, Himachal Pradesh|
|Hobbies||Listening to Radio|
|Wife/Spouse||Hira Mani |
|Children||Son(s)- Chander Prakash (youngest son) and 3 more|
Daughter(s)- 5 (Names not known)
|Height||In centimeters- 168 cm|
In meters- 1.70 m
In feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight||In Kilograms- 55 kg|
In Pounds- 121 lbs
|Favorite Song||Not known|
|Favorite Actor||Not known|
|Favorite Actress||Not known|
|Favorite Sport||Not known|
|Favorite Place||Not known|
|Favorite Movie||Not known|
Social Media Accounts
Shyam-Saran-Negi Some Lesser-Known Facts
- Shyam Saran Negi is a citizen of India from Himachal Pradesh who is best known as the first voter in the general elections of Independent India.
- He is also among 1,011 voters of Himachal Pradesh that are above the age of 100 (as in 2018).
- He resides in Kanang Sharing in Kalpa, which is famous for its high-quality apples and is situated at an altitude of nearly 10,000 feet (3048 meters).
- He went to school at the age of 10. Till 5th standard, he studied at Kalpa, but from the 6th standard onwards, he studied at Rampur.
- When he got enrolled in a school in Rampur, he covered the 70 miles journey to Rampur on foot, which took him 3 days to reach there.
- By the time he reached the 10th standard, he had become 20 years old and being overaged, he was denied admission in 10th standard.