Kapil Sibal is a renowned Indian Politician. He is associated with the Indian National Congress (INC). He has also been a Union Minister. Kapil Sibal is a Supreme Court Advocate too.
Kapil Sibal Bio/Wiki
|Profession(s)||Politician & Lawyer|
|Date of Birth||8 August 1948|
|Age (as in
|Birth Place||Jalandhar, Punjab|
|Mother Tongue||Not Known|
Father||Hira Lal Sibal (Lawyer)|
|Mother||Kailash Rani Sibal|
|Brother|| Virender Sibal (Elder; IAS Officer)|
Jitendra Sibal (Elder; IAS Officer)
Kanwal Sibal (Elder; IFS)
|Sister|| Asha Nanda|
|School ||St. John’s High School, Chandigarh|
|College/University||St. Stephen’s College, New Delhi|
Harvard Law School, Cambridge, USA
Qualification||Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from St. Stephen’s College in 1964|
M.A. in History from St. Stephen’s College in 1969
Masters in Law (LLM) from Harvard Law School in 1977″
|Address||C-1, Maharani Bagh, New Delhi|
|Car|| Mercedes GLC (2015 Model)|
Toyota Corolla (2003 Model)
Hyundai Sonata (2001 Model)
Suzuki Jeep (1995 Model)
Toyota Camry (2016 Model)
|Hobbies|| Watching Cricket|
Listening to music
|Marital Status ||Married|
|Marriage Date||Nina Sibal-13 April 1973 |
Promila Sibal- Year 2005
|Affairs/Girlfriends|| Nina Sibal |
|Wife/Spouse||First Wife: Nina Sibal (1973-2000),|
Second Wife: Promila Sibal (2005-Present)
Amit Sibal (Lawyer)
Akhil Sibal (Lawyer),
|Salary||INR 1 Lac per month + other
|Networth||INR 212 Crores (as in 2015)|
|Height||In Centimeters- 173 cm|
In Meters- 1.73 m
In Feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight||In Kilograms- 80 kg|
In Pounds- 176 lbs
Kapil Sibal Politics
|Political Party ||Indian National Congress (INC)|
Journey||1), Elected as a Member of the Rajya Sabha in 1998|
Secretary of the Congress Parliamentary Party from 2000 to 2002
2), Member of the Joint Parliamentary Committee on Stock Market Scam from April 2001 to December 2002
3), Member of the Business Advisory Committee in August 2001
4),Member of the Committee on Home Affairs in 20025), Elected to the Lok Sabha for the first time in 2004
6), Appointed as the Union Minister of Science & Technology and Earth Sciences on 23 May 2004
Re-elected to the 15th Lok Sabha in 2009
7), Appointed as the Union Minister of Human Resource Development in 2009
8), Appointed as the Union Minister for Communications and Information Technology on 19 January 2011
9), Took additional charge of the Ministry of
Law & Justice in May 2013
Elected as a Member of the Rajya Sabha
on 5 May 2016
Social Media Accounts
Kapil Sibal Some Lesser Known Facts
- Does Kapil Drink alcohol: Not Known
- Does Kapil Smoke?: Yes
- He is a Politician & Lawyer by Profession(s)
- Kapil Sibal is an Indian politician. He is from the Indian National Congress (INC). He has held many important ministerial positions and is also a lawyer of the Supreme Court.
- He cleared the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Examination but later did not join it to start his law firm in 1980.
- Kapil Sibal was the Additional Solicitor General of India between 1989 and 1990. He has been elected as the President of the Supreme Court Bar Association 3 times.
- He is the lawyer who had addressed the Parliament in the historic impeachment proceedings of the Supreme Court Justice V. Ramaswami in 1993.
- Based on his background in constitutional and parliamentary studies, Kapil Sibal was nominated to the Rajya Sabha in 1998. He represented the Congress party from Bihar.
- He played an important role in getting the television airwaves separate from the monopoly of Doordarshan and opened the path for other news and entertainment channels to get independent airwaves.
- He is the only Indian Member of Parliament to visit Antarctica
- Kapil Sibal inaugurated the National Tsunami Early Warning System in Hyderabad in October 2007. This system detects earthquakes of 6 magnitudes or more, occurring in the Indian Ocean in less than 20 minutes of its occurrence.
- His father, Hira Lal Sibal was a renowned advocate. He was acknowledged for his expertise. He was honored with the Padma Bhushan and was nicknamed- The Living Legend of the Law, by the International Bar Association in 1994.
- His father died on 28 December 2012 in Chandigarh. He was cremated in Chandigarh with full state honors.