Tej Bahadur Yadav is an ex-BSF Jawan and politician of Samajwadi Party
Tej Bahadur Yadav Bio/Wiki
|Name||Tej Bahadur Yadav|
|Nickname||Tej Bahadur Fauzi|
|Profession(s)||Ex-BSF Serviceman, Politician|
|Famous For||His video, which went viral on social media; alleging poor quality food being served to soldiers|
|Date of Birth||10 October 1975|
|Age (as in 2019)||44 Years|
|Birth Place||Village- Rata Kalan, Mahendragarh, Haryana|
|Home town||Mahendragarh, Haryana|
|Parents/ Father||Sher Singh (Indian Army Personnel)|
|Brother(s)||Subhash Chand (Gujarat Police Personnel), |
Krishan Deep (a Farmer),
Bheem Singh (BSF Jawan),
Hanuman (a Farmer) (all are elders)
Tej Bahadur Yadav Politics
|Political Party||Samajwadi Party (SP) (joined in April 2019)|
|College/ University||Not Known|
|Education Qualification||Not Known|
|Contact number||Not Known|
|Address||Village- Rata Kalan, Tehsil- Narnaul, District- Mahendragarh, Haryana|
|Caste||Other Backward Caste (OBC)|
|Marriage Date||24 December 1998|
|Spouse||Sharmila Devi |
(works in a private company in Rewari)
|Children||Son- Rohit (committed suicided in January 2019) |
Daughter- Not Known
|Height||In Centimeters- 178 cm|
In Meters- 1.78 m
In Feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight||In Kilograms- 80 kg|
In Pounds- 176 lbs
Social Media Accounts
Tej Bahadur Yadav Some Lesser-Known Facts
- Does Tej Bahadur Yadav Drink alcohol?: Yes
- Does Tej Bahadur Smoke?: Not Known
- He was a BSF Jawan who was later dismissed on disciplinary ground.
- Tej Bahadur Yadav belongs to a family of freedom fighters; like his father, Sher Singh was also in the Indian Army and his grandfather, Ishwar Singh Azad had worked with Subhash Chandra Bose and was honored with the Tamra Patra by the Haryana Government.
- In January 2017, he uploaded a video on his Facebook account in which he alleged about the bad quality of food and other items served to the troops. The video went viral on social media.
- A day after his video post, he was transferred to another location.
- According to the BSF officials, he had not been given any field duty for the past 4 years and was stationed at the headquarters.
- He has also been accused of being a “chronic alcoholic.”
- BSF also revealed that in 2010, he had been court-martialed for indiscipline & for aiming a gun at a senior officer to him. However, he was not dismissed from the service (keeping in view of his family and his children) but was given rigorous imprisonment of 89 days.
- He has been awarded 16 times for his service in the BSF and has also won a gold medal for the Best BSF All-Rounder.
- He was to leave the Services on 31 January 2017 as he had applied for voluntary retirement.
- On 29 April 2019, during the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, Samajwadi Party fielded him against Narendra Modi in Varanasi.