Shekhar Gupta is a prominent Indian journalist. He was the Editor-in-Chief and the CEO of the Indian Express for 13 years, but, he quit in 2015. He then started his digital media news company, The Print, and is also its Editor-in-Chief.
Shekhar Gupta Bio/Wiki
|Famous For||Hosting the NDTV talk-show; Walk The Talk|
|Date of Birth||26 August 1957|
|Age (as in 2019)||62 Years|
|Birth Place||Palwal, Haryana|
|Home town||Palwal, Haryana|
|Mother Tongue||Not Known|
|Parents/ Father||Not Known|
You may also like>>>
- BaBa Ramdev Biography
- Vikas Fhatak Biography
- Komal Pandey Biography
- Desmond Coutinho Biography
- Ryan Pinto Biography
|School|| Saraswati Shishu Mandir, Palwal|
Vidya Mandir School, Punjab
|College/ University||School of Communication Studies, Panjab University|
|Education Qualification||Bachelor of Journalism|
|Contact number||Not Known|
|Address||Palwal, Haryana, India|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||1), Honoured with the 1984 American Society of Newspaper Editors (ASNE) Fellowship at the Tufts University and The New York Times|
2), He received the Inlaks Young Journalist of the Year Award in 1985
3), The GK Reddy Award for Journalism in 1997
4), The Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Memorial Award for National Integration in 2006
5), He was honoured with the Padma Bhushan in 2009 for his contribution to journalism
|Wife/Spouse||Neelam Jolly (Social Worker)|
(As the Editor-in-Chief
and the CEO of Indian Express)
|INR 10 crores per annum|
Social Media Accounts
Shekhar Gupta Some Lesser-Known Facts
- Does Shekhar Gupta Drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Does Shekhar Smoke?: Not Known
- Shekhar Gupta is a renowned Indian journalist who was the Editor-in-Chief and CEO of the Indian Express for 13 years. He switched over to India Today as the Editor-in-Chief in 2015. In August 2017, he founded his own digital media news company, The Print, and is also its Editor-in-Chief.
- His father was a Punjab Government Employee. As his father was a government employee, he got transferred a lot and had to move often, and so, he did his schooling from a lot of different places.
- In an interview, he revealed that in his student life, he had no interest in science and technology but he was interested in arts. Once, when he went to Punjab University to get the spelling of his name in his mark sheet corrected, he saw the notice for the admission tests of journalism, he filled out the form and got selected.
- In 1977, he started out his career as a cub reporter at The Indian Express in Chandigarh. He joined India Today in 1983, where he covered many important and big stories such as the Operation Bluestar from inside The Golden Temple and the Nellie Massacre of Assam in 1983.
- He was honoured with the Padma Bhushan by the UPA Government in 2009 for his contribution to journalism. He was presented the award by the former President Pratibha Patil.
- In 2017, he started his own digital media company with Barkha Dutt called, The Print. Although they announced the venture jointly on Twitter on 7 January 2016, Barkha Dutt’s name was not mentioned in the company’s records as Director. After 6 months, Barkha’s name was even dropped from the company website as a co-founder.