Shah Rukh Khan, popularly known for being one of the richest characters actors in the world.
Shah Rukh Khan Bio/Wiki
|Name||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Nick name||SRK, King Khan, King of Romance, Baadshah|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Producer, Entrepreneur|
|Date of Birth||2-Nov-65|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Home town||New Delhi, India|
|Mother Tongue||Not known|
|Parents/ Father||Late Taj Mohammad Khan (Businessman)|
|Mother||Late Lateef Fatima (Magistrate, Social Worker)|
|Sister||Shahnaz Lalarukh (Elder)|
|School||St. Columba’s School, Delhi|
|College||• Hansraj College, University of Delhi, Delhi|
• Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delh
|Education||• BA (Hons.) in Economics from Hans Raj College|
|Contact number||Not known|
|Address||Mannat, Land’s End, Bandstand, Bandra (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra – 400050, India|
|Hobbies||Playing Computer Games, Collecting Gadgets, Playing Cricket|
|Debut||TV: Fauji (1989)|
|Children|| Sons- Aryan Khan, AbRam Khan|
Daughter- Suhana Khan
|Height||in centimeters- 173 cm|
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight||in kilograms- 75 kg|
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Shoe size||9 (US)|
|Eyes color||Dark Brown|
Shah Rukh Khan Favorite
|Favorite food||Tandoori Chicken, Chinese Cuisines|
|Favorite Song||Not Known|
|Favorite Actor||Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favorite Actress||Mumtaz, Saira Banu|
|Favorite Place||New Yark|
|Favorite Movie||Not Known|
Social Media Accounts
Shah Rukh Khan Some Lesser-Known Facts
- Does Shah Rukh Khan smoke?: Yes
- Does Shah Rukh Khan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Shah Rukh Khan was born into a middle-class family; his father ran a transport company and mother was a magistrate.
- After his birth, he was named Abdul Rehman by his maternal grandmother; however, his father later named him Shah Rukh Khan.
- His family used to live in rental houses. Initially, they lived in a bungalow in Rajinder Nagar’s F Block. Later, when Shah Rukh turned 15 years old, they shifted to Gautam Nagar.
- He spent his childhood in his maternal grandparents’ house in Bengaluru. During an interaction at the alumni meet of the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, Shah Rukh said,
- Shah Rukh Khan’s father was an acquaintance of the noted Indian freedom fighter, Subhash Chandra Bose; as his father was the cousin of General Shah Nawaz, who was the second-in-command to Subhash Chandra.
- His parents had a love marriage. They met each other for the first time in a hospital, where his mother was injured and needed blood. At that time, his father donated blood to his mother. Their love started at that moment.
- In his school days, he used to play cricket as a wicket-keeper.
- He was awarded the ‘Sword of Honor’ title at St. Columba’s School, New Delhi, which was assigned to the best student of the school.
- In addition to academics, he was equally active in sports and excelled in hockey and football in childhood.
- In his school days, Shah Rukh, along with four of his close friends, Bikash Mathur, Vivek Khushalani, Raman Sharma, and Ashok Vassan, had formed a special gang at St Columba’s School, known as the C-gang, where ‘C’ stood for cool.
- He was just 15 years old when his father died due to cancer in 1981.
- In his youth, he used to mimic the legendary Bollywood actors like Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Mumtaz, etc.
- While he was in Hansraj College, SRK was closely involved with the Theatre Action Group (TAG) and was mentored by Barry John.
- When asked about his connection with the National School of Drama (NSD), he said,
- His first salary was ₹50, which he earned by working as an escort at Pankaj Udhas‘s concert in Delhi. Once, he even tried to expand a small restaurant in Dariya Ganj, but it didn’t work.
- After receiving his first salary, Shah Rukh took the train to Agra and visited the Taj Mahal.
- His friend, Vivek Vaswani, helped him in his struggling days. The latter also went on to work with him as a co-actor in the films, Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman and Josh.
- He was first offered a role in Lekh Tandon’s television show “Dil Dariya,” but there were continuous delays in the broadcasting of the show, which led his series “Fauji” to become his television debut.
- A strong reason to do Fauji was that before coming into the field of acting, Shah Rukh wanted to join the Indian Army. During an interview, when asked what he would have done if he wasn’t an actor, he said,
- He has done small roles in the TV serials like “Umeed,” “Wagle Ki Duniya,” and “Mahan Karz.” He even featured in the English film “In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones,” in which he worked with Arundhati Roy.
- After his mother’s demise in 1991, he shifted to Mumbai along with his sister.
- SRK got his first offer in Hema Malini‘s directional debut “Dil Aashna Hai,” but he made his acting debut with “Deewana,” which was released in June 1992.