Atishi Marlena is an Indian politician She was born on 8 June 1981 (age 38 years; as in 2019) in New Delhi.
Atishi Marlena Bio/Wiki
|Name||Atishi Singh & Atishi Marlena|
|Date of Birth||8 June 1981|
|Age (as in
|Birth Place||New Delhi|
|Home town||New Delhi|
|Mother Tongue||Not Known|
|School ||Springdales School, New Delhi|
|College/University|| St. Stephen’s College, New Delhi|
Oxford University, England
Qualification||Graduation in History from the St. Stephen’s College New Delhi in 2001|
Masters in History from the Oxford University, England in 2003
|Address|| K-67, Jangpura Extension, New
|Hobbies||Reading Philosophy and Psychology Books|
|Networth||INR 1.2 Crores (as in 2019)|
Atishi Marlena Politics
|Political Party ||Aam Admi Party|
Journey||1), Joined the Aam Admi Party (AAP) in 2013|
She was involved in the policy formulation of AAP when the party was being formed
2), She serves as a member of the AAP’s Executive body- The Political Affairs Committee
3), Appointed as the spokesperson of the party in 2013
4), Appointed as the Advisor to the Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi, Manish Sisodia, on Education from July 2015 to April 2018
5), Appointed as the Lok Sabha in-charge of the East-Delhi Constituency for the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections
6), Contested the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections from the East-Delhi Constituency but lost
Social Media Accounts
Atishi Marlena Some Lesser-Know Facts
- Does Atishi Drink alcohol: Not Known
- Does Atishi Smoke?: Yes
- She is a Politician by Profession
- Atishi Marlena is an Indian politician from the Aam Admi Party. She is an Oxford graduate.
- She was the topper of Delhi University in 2001.
- Since her childhood, she has been interested in social work. She participates in a lot of social campaigns and initiatives
- In 2006 she taught at the Rishi Valley School, Andhra Pradesh. She used to teach English and History.
- In 2006, she moved to Bhopal. There, she got herself involved in organic farming and providing progressive education systems. She had worked with a lot of NGO’s. It was during this period when she met several AAP members including Prashant Bhushan, Manish Sisodia and many more.
- She always had an interest in public policy. She was interested in Anna Hazare’s 2011 Indian Anti-corruption movement. She observed the whole movement as an outsider and later stated that single-issue campaigns were always ineffective.
- .She was an advisor to the Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia in the field of education. It helped her gain popularity and she also became an important member of AAP.
- AAP announced Atishi’s name as their candidate for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections from the East-Delhi Constituency.
- In May 2019, she accused Gautam Gambhir of distributing pamphlets that contained abuses and derogatory remarks about her. In a press conference, as she read out the statements written about her in the pamphlet, she broke down and started crying. Manish Sisodia, who was present with her in the press conference, read the rest of the pamphlet which also named him and Arvind Kejriwal.